Scalloped Potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream.
This classic recipe for scalloped potatoes showcases the flavors of potatoes and onion baked in a creamy sauce. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat! The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe! You can have Scalloped Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes
- It's 5 of medium Potatoes, boiled and sliced.
- You need 1/3 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- It's 1/3 cup of velvet cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of cream cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need of salt.
- It's of black pepper.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
Scalloped potatoes are a classic, indulgent side dish. Thinly sliced potatoes are layered with a creamy sauce, then baked til golden brown. It's rich, cheesy, and super flavorful. How do you thicken scalloped potatoes?
Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- Boil potatoes, let cool peel or not and slice as desired a separate bowl..
- Add chopped onions and 1tbsp butter in a bowl and toss..
- In a saucepan blend velvet, sour cream, milk, flour and cream cheese...salt, garlic powder and pepper as needed..
- Pour 1/2 of the cheese mixture over potatoes and onions and some of the shredded cheese and toss..
- Place everything in baking dish of choice and cover with shredded cheese and top with other 2 tbsp of butter bake for 20 to 30 min or until desired potatoe texture required...you can cover with foil while baking if desired..
To thicken scalloped potatoes, keep cooking the sauce a minute or so longer than directed before adding the cheese. Scalloped potatoes are thinly sliced potatoes cooked in a creamy sauce. Typically speaking, potatoes cooked in a cheese sauce are referred to as "au gratin" potatoes, but many recipes for. Think scalloped potatoes and gratins are one and the same? Both are made with thinly sliced potatoes cooked in cream, but they have one small, but significant, difference.