Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes.
You can have Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- You need 3 large of White Potatoes (thinly sliced).
- You need 4 slice of Thick Cut Bacon (1/2-inch slices).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of Milk.
- It's 1 1/4 cup of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add sliced bacon. Stirring often, cook for 7 minutes or until fat has rendered out and bacon is just starting to crisp up..
- Stir in flour with the bacon and residual fat to form a wet roux. When flour is incorporated, stir in pepper, salt, and milk until thickened cream forms..
- Add sliced potatoes to the cream mixture and stir in gently until potatoes are fully coated. Transfer skillet contents to a medium baking dish and top with shredded cheddar..
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake at 425°F for another 15-20, or until potatoes are soft (test with a fork) and cheese is beginning to brown on top..