Scalloped Potatoes with Cheddar Cheese. Make a flavorful scalloped potato dish or potato gratin with cheddar cheese and a creamy sauce. It's an easy side dish to add to any meal. Briefly cooking the potatoes before baking means less time in the oven and ensures tender, delicious results.
When I added garlic to this recipe, I discovered it gave the potatoes a unique flavor. My greatest compliment came from a neighbor who's a retired chef—he said this is the best potato dish he'd ever tasted!—Leah Brandenburg, Charleston, West Virginia. To make these Scalloped Potatoes With Cheddar, you need good quality cheese. You can cook Scalloped Potatoes with Cheddar Cheese using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes with Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare 4 cup of thinly sliced potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need tsp of 1/8 pepper.
- It's 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 cup of scalded milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
I like to use sharp cheddar, but mild or white cheddar work as well. These Scalloped Potatoes With Cheddar are perfect for any holiday or weekend gathering. The perfect side dish for roasted (grilled) meat. This scalloped potatoes recipe is creamy, cheesy, and irresistibly delicious.
Scalloped Potatoes with Cheddar Cheese instructions
- In buttered 2 qt. Baking dish. Place a 1/3 layer of potatoes..
- In small dish combine flour, salt, pepper..
- Sprinkle half of flour mixture over Pot. Repeat with another layer..
- Top with remaining Pot. Slices. Dot with butter. Then pour hot milk over Potatoes..
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 min. Uncover. Sprinkle cheese on top Return to oven and bake uncovered fir another 15 min. Or until Pot.are tender. And cheese has melted. ( I cut my pot. With a mandalin and sprinkled a little parsley on top).
Yet it's made lighter with a few simple tweaks! Shredded cheese: It's important to have a good melty cheese for these. I have always preferred a nice sharp cheddar (not one that has been aged, since those don't melt as well). Scalloped Potatoes With Cream Of Mushroom Soup And Cheese Recipes. This scalloped potatoes recipe is made with the thickest, creamiest white cheddar cheese sauce you'll ever try.