Porck chops and scalloped potatoes. Mom always managed to put a delicious hearty meal on the table for us and for our farmhands. This all-in-one comforting pork chops recipe reminds me of home. —Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri. Grease a cooking dish with the remaining tablespoon butter and layer potatoes.
Place browned pork chops on top of potatoes. There are many excellent ways to eat baked pork chops, plus there are numerous scalloped potato recipes available. What I like about this recipe, however, is how quickly I'm able to prepare everything and have it in the oven. You can have Porck chops and scalloped potatoes using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Porck chops and scalloped potatoes
- Prepare 6 cup of thinly sliced potatoes.
- You need 6 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of pepper.
- You need 6 of pork chops.
This scalloped potatoes recipe is creamy, cheesy, and irresistibly delicious. Yukon gold potatoes: I prefer these to Russets because of their nice creamy texture and buttery flavor. I didn't have a small onion so chopped up half of a large white one. Was out of fresh garlic so threw in a teaspoon or so of.
Porck chops and scalloped potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash,skin&thinly slice potatoes -enough for 6 cups.
- Butter the pan -i use glass pan use only 1 table spoon.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter add 6 tablespoons flour and add chicken broth let boil and mix well.
- Cook the pork chops half way.
- Lay pork chops on the bottom of your pan.
- Lay potato scallops ontop and tgen pour your sauce ontop.
- Put in oven for 1 hour.
- Move your pork chops from bottom of pan to the top.
- Cook for an additional 15 mintues.
In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil; season to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired. These Baked Pork Chops are a terrific way to cook pork chops in the oven. Slathered in a country-style sauce then baked until caramelised on the Optional - add potatoes! There's room on the tray and I love the way the potatoes are crispy on top, and the underside absorbs the flavour and end up. Pork chops, bacon and cheesy scalloped potatoes make a simple, family pleasing dinner in one dish.