Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini - mehshi warak enab w koussa. An easy and very delicious way to prepare the best stuffed vine leaves with zucchini (Kousa Mahshi) and lamb ribs طريقة سهلة وشهية جداً لتحضير اطيب ورق عنب. Warak enab, or stuffed grape leaves, and kousa mahshi, which are stuffed zucchini, can sometimes be served together, and they. Add the stuffed zucchini and any meatballs and bring to the boil.
It can be stuffed with (rice, minced meat, vegetables, olive oil, lemon juice), can be cooked with lamb chops, chicken, and other types of meat. It is always served with wide range of salads. Tasteful and light meal at the same time. You can have Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini - mehshi warak enab w koussa using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini - mehshi warak enab w koussa
- It's 500 g of vine leaves, washed and stems removed.
- It's 1 kg of baby zucchini, washed.
- It's 1 kg of lamb ribs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It's of For the stuffing:.
- You need 600 g of coarsely ground beef.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of white rice, washed and drained.
- It's 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
Main dish: Wara'a Enab and Kusa (stuffed with rice. Add to Wish List Add to Favourites Compare. Kousa Mahshi (Stuffed Zucchini) (Lebanese) recipe How to make Kousa Mahshi (Stuffed Zucchini) (Lebanese) Ingredients. Warak enab, or stuffed grape leaves, and kousa mahshi, which are stuffed zucchini, can sometimes be served together, and they.
Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini - mehshi warak enab w koussa instructions
- In a deep bowl, mix the stuffing ingredients together..
- Place the vine leaves in a pot filled with boiling water for 1 min. Remove from hot water and place under cold water. Strain well and set aside..
- Take one vine leaf and spread it on a flat surface and place 1 teaspoon of the stuffing in the middle forming a straight line. Fold the sides inwards first and roll to warp. Make sure the stuffing is completely covered and the vine leaf is tightly wrapped. Repeat same procedure with the other vine leaves..
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing..
- Fill only ¾ of each zucchini leaving space for the rice to expand when cooked..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the meat ribs and fry them in a skillet until brown..
- Place the cooked ribs at the bottom of a deep pot..
- Place the wrapped vine leaves over the ribs in layers then place the stuffed zucchini on top of the leaves. Add the lemon juice and some boiling water to cover the pot contents. Place a plate, face inwards, on top of the contents to weigh them down while cooking..
- Cover pot and allow it to simmer on low heat for 1 hr 30 min..
- Turn off the heat and remove the plate. Remove the zucchini and set aside..
- To serve, place a serving dish, facing inwards, over the pot. Turn over the pot upside down, holding tightly the dish under it. Let the content drop on the serving dish and remove slowly the pot. Arrange the zucchini on top..
- Serve warm with yogurt on the side..
A perfectly stuffed Arabian grape leaf is a thing of beauty, and this version can be found throughout the Gulf. After slowly simmering in a bath of olive oil and lemon juice, she's plump, tart and silky rich. Lebanese stuffed zucchini kousa mahshi - طريقة تحضير الكوسا المحشي باللحمة. Vine Leaves & Stuffed Vegetable (Mehshi & Warak Enab) by Create Cooking's Channel. The Real Greek Dawali and Kusa Mahshy Recipe (Stuffed Grape Leaves & Squash) Best Meat and.