Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatos.
You can have Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatos using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatos
- You need 4 of center cut pork chops.
- It's 6 medium of red potatos.
- You need 1 large of onion, sliced.
- It's 4 clove of of garlic, minced.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of pork broth or 1 1/4 cup chicken broth and 1 1/4 cup beef broth.
- It's 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It's 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 4 of chopped green onions.
Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatos step by step
- In a large saucepan cover potatos with salted water, bring to a boil and cook until tender but still firm. Cool, peel and slice 1/4 inche thick..
- Meanwhile make sauce. Melt butter in saucepan add onion and garlic and just soften, add flour and stir well for 2 minutes, it will seem dry, thats fine, add wine, cook 1 minute, slowly whisk in broth whisk until smooth add cream and seasonings. Cook to a boil and until slightly thickened, add cheese, remove from heat..
- Heat a film of oil in a large skillet, season pork chops, I used cajun seasoning, sear and brown pork chops on both sides, remove to a plate..
- TO ASSEMBLE AND COOK.
- Spray a casserole dish with non stick spray. Put some sauce in pan, layer potatoes and sauce top with pork chops sprinkle chops with more cheese if desired and green onions, cover and cook at 400 for about 30 to 40 minutes depending on thickness of pork chops.Do not overcook..