Scalloped potatoes on stove top. Scalloped potatoes are often prepared in a low to moderate oven but they can equally well be prepared on the stove top in a deep frying pan. It is important to cook them over a fairly low heat and watch that they do not pass the point of just being tender and start to break down in to potato soup. Scalloped potatoes are creamy and absolutely delicious.
This recipe is easy and lets you make it on your stove, rather than the oven. Stove Top Scalloped Potatoes taste just like the layered version but cook in half the time of the original with none of the fussy preparation. The potatoes are usually sliced thinly like a gratin however what technically makes a dish 'scalloped' is the cream based sauce. You can cook Scalloped potatoes on stove top using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scalloped potatoes on stove top
- You need 4 large of potatoes.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
- It's 1/2 of onion.
- It's 2 tsp of garlic.
- You need 1 packages of knorr sour cream and chives powder for baked potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chedder cheese.
My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Stove-Top Scalloped Potatoes recipe: Great any time, particularly good on a campout on the camp stove, we have even done over an open fire, in a cast iron pot, a little ash never hurt. by Derf. View top rated Scalloped potatoes on the stove top recipes with ratings and reviews. Get new recipes from top Professionals!
Scalloped potatoes on stove top instructions
- fry onions till slightly brown in round sauce pan.
- add crushed garlic and cook with onions.
- mix potato bake powder with milk in a cup.
- add this into the sausepan that has the garlic and onions.
- put the sause pan aside.
- cut potatoes in scalloped shape.
- add it into the sauce pan.
- place saucepan back into stove.
- cook at very low heat(level 2) to make sure it does not get burned at the bottom.
- mix every 10min for even cooking.
- use a sharp knife to check if potatoes are done.
- once potatoes are done , place chedder cheese on top and off the stove and cover..
- serve after10min uncovered to ensure cheese melted and sauce is not watery.
Share recipes and reviews with friends! Save and organize all you recipes! Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Pour the sauce on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle with parmesan. How do you cook scalloped potatoes on the stove?