Bacon scalloped potatoes. These tasty scalloped potatoes are flavored with diced cooked bacon. The scalloped potatoes are baked with a creamy onion and bacon sauce. Louis, Missouri enhances her pared-down potato dish by adding a layer of sliced onions and sprinkling of crumbled bacon. "They make the potatoes.
Bacon keeps the potato from sticking to the pan while adding a delicious smoky taste. Scatter the remaining Cheddar cheese over the potato mixture. Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil. You can cook Bacon scalloped potatoes using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon scalloped potatoes
- It's 5 lb of Potatoes.
- It's 2 lb of Velveeta cheese.
- It's 9 oz of Hormel real bacon pieces.
- Prepare 3 bunch of Pepper.
- Prepare 3 bunch of Salt.
- You need 6 tbsp of Margarine.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 2 can of Carnation evaporated milk.
- It's 32 oz of Water give or take.
I love scalloped and au gratin potatoes. Putting them together makes for some serious comfort food! Imagine a loaded baked potato topped with bacon, Cheddar and chives combined with the creamy goodness of scalloped potatoes, and you have the ultimate comfort food casserole. Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream.
Bacon scalloped potatoes step by step
- (Step 1.) First preheat oven to 375°F..
- (Step 2.) Rinse, pill, slice into 1/4 size slivers of potatoes give or take then rinse again..
- (Step 3.) Cut Velveeta cheese into 1/2in. squares give or take..
- (Step 4.) Place one layer of potatoes about 1 pound 10oz. give or take then one layer of Velveeta cheese about 12oz. then one layer of bacon bits about 3oz. then one bunch of pepper then one bunch of salt then 2tbsp. margarine throughout the layer then one layer of flour about 2tbsp. Repeat for three layers or until pan is almost filled. Give at least 1in. from the top for cooking space..
- (Step 5.) Add two cans of Carnation evaporated milk throughout the pan..
- (Step 6.) Add 32oz. of water give or take, make sure you only put enough water to barely cover the potatoes..
- (Step 7.) Mix it all together with two cooking spoons within the pan..
- (Step 8.) Place in oven for 4 to 6 hours while watching it periodically to ensure it cooks thoroughly. Also ensure you leave some of the water/milk in it (do not drain) the potatoes will soak it up..
- (Step 9.) let sit for 30 to 45 minutes before serving..
Now arrange potatoes and eggplant into the casserole, dredging potatoes in sauce a bit as you layer. They should be in slightly overlapping layers, with a slice of bacon in between each potato. Share: Rate this Recipe Pour cream and stock over potatoes. It should barely cover the top layer. In a large heavy skillet cook bacon until crisp.