Scalloped potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Scalloped potatoes come together with just a few basic ingredients from the pantry.
Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream. Scalloped potatoes are a classic, indulgent side dish. Thinly sliced potatoes are layered with a creamy sauce, then baked til golden brown. You can cook Scalloped potatoes using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scalloped potatoes
- It's 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It's 1 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 3 of peeled& thinly sliced potatoes.
It's rich, cheesy, and super flavorful. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat! The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe! My idea of the BEST Scalloped Potatoes!
Scalloped potatoes step by step
- In a sauce pan, cook onion in butter till tender. Stir in flour and salt. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Mix in 3/4 cup of cheese. Place half the sliced potatoes in a greased 1 quart dish. Cover with half the sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake covered at 350°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more or till potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Serves 4. (If you don?t want to use the cheese and just have plain scalloped potatoes, omit the cheese and increase the salt to 1/2 tsp..
- If you love it cheesy and extra cheese! I DO!.
These are rich and creamy and have just the right amount of cheesy flavor. The sauce has the perfect consistency and the potatoes are perfectly baked. How do you thicken scalloped potatoes? To thicken scalloped potatoes, keep cooking the sauce a minute or so longer than directed before adding the cheese. Try these scalloped potatoes and get more recipe ideas and dinner inspiration from Food.com.