Scalloped Potatoes with a twist. Our recipe for Scalloped Potatoes with a Cheesy Twist combines two of our delicious soups with potatoes, bacon and garlic for a creamy, cheesy, flavorful side dish that pairs perfectly with beef, chicken or pork. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. My secret to the perfect scalloped potatoes is slicing the potatoes really thinly and evenly, which you can achieve by using a mandolin slicer or your This helps to create the nice, golden crust on top.
Sweet potatoes thinly sliced and baked in a rich and creamy garlic and parmesan butter sauce, and This Sweet Potato Gratin is a wonderful twist on classic scalloped potatoes. We love classic sweet potato recipes like Creamy Sweet Potatoe Casserole. I could eat scalloped potatoes and chowder every day. You can cook Scalloped Potatoes with a twist using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes with a twist
- It's 5 of Golden Russet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced.
- It's 5 tbs of butter (hold 1 tbs for onions).
- It's 1 of small onion sliced like you would do onion rings but thin.
- It's 4 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 4 tbs of mushroom soup.
- It's 2 1/2 cups of shredded blended cheese.
You know how it is when you're doing something totally non-food-related and all of a sudden this random thought pops into your head? So I knew if I went with a regular tomato and meat sauce that it would be absolutely, fantastically delicious. Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream. These are easy scalloped potatoes: basically you layer thinly sliced potatoes with any number of extras—cheese, onions, parsley—add milk or cream, and bake.
Scalloped Potatoes with a twist instructions
- In a saute pan, cook onion in butter till they start to separate and are tender and translucent and set side in a bowl. Season to taste. Place half the sliced potatoes in a greased 1 quart dish..
- Add butter in a pan until melted, now add flour, milk and mushroom soup stiring frequently..
- Cover with half layer the sauce, half layer of onions and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers..
- Top with remaining 1 1/2 cup of cheese..
- Bake covered at 425°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more or till potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Serves 4..
- Optional: On the last layer, after the onions, I cut up 2 tbs of extra butter into quarter pieces and place on top of the onions and then add cheese..
This is the best scalloped potatoes recipe ever, and my family loves when I serve it. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario. Take the chill off any blustery day and make something special to accompany meaty entrees. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Pour the sauce on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle with parmesan. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat!