Scalloped Potatoes Au Gratin.
You can have Scalloped Potatoes Au Gratin using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes Au Gratin
- You need 5 of medium russet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin.
- It's 2 cups (1 pkg) of shredded Colby and Jack cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It's 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need of Extra cheese and milk.
- Prepare of Progresso Italian bread crumbs.
Scalloped Potatoes Au Gratin step by step
- Put sliced potatoes in a glass or ceramic casserole dish and microwave in 4 minute intervals on high, stir potatoes around in between intervals, for a total of 16 minutes.
- While the potatoes are in the microwave, make the cheese sauce, put milk, butter and flour in a medium sauce pan over a medium low flame.
- Stir sauce with whisk until mixture thickens, consistency will be visibly thicker, about 5-10mins.
- Add the cheese and continue to whisk until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy, if sauce is too thick, thin with extra milk.
- After potatoes finish microwaving, pour cheese sauce over and stir potatoes to throughly coat with sauce.
- Sprinkle top of potatoes with extra shredded cheese and bread crumbs, cook in preheated 350° oven for 15-20 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!.