Really Good Scalloped Potatoes. This scalloped potatoes recipe is creamy, cheesy, and irresistibly delicious. Yet it's made lighter with a few simple tweaks! In my humble opinion, they are simply the best.
There are many ways to make delicious homemade scalloped potatoes. For this version, I consulted several books—Kitchen Sense, two James Beards, and the. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat! You can have Really Good Scalloped Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Really Good Scalloped Potatoes
- It's 1 qt of sliced medium yellow potatoes.
- It's 1/2 cup of cream.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 oz of comte cheese.
- Prepare 1 dash of smoked paprika.
The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe! The ingredients in scalloped potatoes are very simple and traditional. Potatoes - Yukon or Russet potatoes are best for this dish. Russet potatoes: Starchy potatoes are ideal for this recipe.
Really Good Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- Slice your potatoes on a mandolin. They should be a little thicker than a quarter..
- Add cream, salt, and pepper. With a microplane, peel and grate the garlic clove into the bowl. Mix well..
- In a small casserole dish, arrange the potato slices neatly to form a layer. Pour in a little bit of cream, just enough to coat the potatoes. Grate some of the cheese over the layer as well. Repeat until you've used up all of the potatoes. On the top layer, add a sprinkling of paprika. NOTE: I used an 8.5"x 5.5" casserole dish. If you use a larger dish, you can either double the recipe or bake for less time..
- Cover in foil and bake for 30 minutes..
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes..
- At this point, you should be getting close, but you may need to bake a little longer. The dish is ready when the cream has reduced so that it can not be seen sloshing around in the dish, and there are only intermittent bubbles. You should have a nice bit of golden crust as you see in the main photo..
You want them to hold their stack-like structure and be able to absorb all the I made this tonight. Really wasn't sure how it was going to taste & I've never made scalloped potatoes before. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Pour the sauce on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle with parmesan. Russets are the best potatoes to use because their high starch content will help keep the cheese sauce smooth.