Country Scalloped Potatoes.
You can cook Country Scalloped Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Country Scalloped Potatoes
- Prepare 1 1/2 of lbs small red potatoes.
- It's 6 tbsp of butter, divided.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour (can use gluten-free or regular).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of soy milk (or milk of choice).
- You need 1 cup (4 oz) of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It's 3/4 cup of cracker crumbs.
Country Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- Slice potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Put in a pot. Cover with water. Bring to boil. Boil for 10 minutes. Drain. Set aside..
- In saucepan, melt 4 tbsp of butter. Whisk in flour, salt, pepper. Stir until smooth. Gradually add milk. Stir constantly until thickened. Add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted & mixed in well..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Lightly grease 1 qt casserole dish. Layer 1/3 of potatoes. Then 1/3 sauce. Repeat layers twice, ending with sauce..
- Melt remaining butter. Combine with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over casserole..
- Bake uncovered until hot & bubbly & potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes..