Scalloped Potato Extender.
You can have Scalloped Potato Extender using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potato Extender
- It's 1 box of Of scalloped potatoes or potatoes Au gratin (1 bag plus packet).
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It's 2 large of Chicken breasts.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Garlic salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Black ground pepper..
- It's 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- It's 8 oz of Frozen broccoli (any frozen veggie is fine).
- You need 1/2 can of Cheddar, shredded (any non American cheese will do).
Scalloped Potato Extender instructions
- In a large frying pan heat oil on medium high heat..
- Cube the chicken breast and gently place into the pan. Sprinkle pepper and garlic salt..
- Sear the sides of the chicken well..
- Transfer chicken to a bowl to use later..
- Add the butter to the pan. Be sure to scrape the browning from the chicken..
- Add the milk and water. Bring to a slow simmer stirring frequently..
- Stir in the potatoes and seasoning packet..
- Add the frozen veggies and fold into the potatoes..
- Sprinkle top with cheese, cover and simmer for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes stir the contents in the pan taking care to scrape the bottom..
- Let sit on the burner for 15 minutes so potatoes can finish absorbing the liquid and get tender..
- For a nice golden "baked look" place uncovered pan under the broiler for about 3 minutes..
- Carefully remove the pan from oven, allow to sit uncovered for 5 minutes before serving..