Scalloped potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Scalloped potatoes come together with just a few basic ingredients from the pantry.
Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream. Scalloped potatoes are a classic, indulgent side dish. Thinly sliced potatoes are layered with a creamy sauce, then baked til golden brown. You can cook Scalloped potatoes using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped potatoes
- You need 5 of medium potatoes thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bacon chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It's 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
It's rich, cheesy, and super flavorful. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat! The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe! My idea of the BEST Scalloped Potatoes!
Scalloped potatoes step by step
- Use a mandolin to thinley slice the potatoes, and put them in cold water until ready to use..
- In a medium pot melt butter, then add bacon..
- Add onions and garlic, cook for 5 minutes or tell onions are translucent..
- Add heavy cream, salt, pepper and wisk on low tell sauce becomes thick and boiling..
- Reduce heat and add the cheese..
- Put potatoes in a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over potatoes, bake for an hour at 350° uncovered..
These are rich and creamy and have just the right amount of cheesy flavor. The sauce has the perfect consistency and the potatoes are perfectly baked. How do you thicken scalloped potatoes? To thicken scalloped potatoes, keep cooking the sauce a minute or so longer than directed before adding the cheese. Try these scalloped potatoes and get more recipe ideas and dinner inspiration from Food.com.