Creamy Bacon Scalloped Potatoes.
You can have Creamy Bacon Scalloped Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Bacon Scalloped Potatoes
- Prepare 1/2 lb of Coarsely chopped bacon.
- It's 3 lb of Sliced thinly russet potatoes.
- You need 1 large of Thinly sliced onion.
- You need 2 tsp of Sea salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Fresh ground pepper, or less if you prefer..
- Prepare 1 pints of Light cream.
- It's 2 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan.
Creamy Bacon Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On the stovetop over medium heat, sauté bacon until lightly crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; save rendered grease in pan..
- Brush some bacon grease on bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch glass baking dish.Arrange one layer of sliced potatoes over bottom of baking dish..
- Scatter a handful of sliced onions. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.Drizzle 1 teaspoon bacon grease over onions; then sprinkle a handful of chopped bacon on top. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour over layer.Add another layer of potatoes and onions; repeat, seasoning, bacon grease, bacon, and flour..
- Add one final layer of potatoes; sprinkle remaining salt and pepper.Pour cream and stock over potatoes to just cover the top layer. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until potatoes are tender, takes about an hour..