Stove top Scalloped Potatoes.
You can cook Stove top Scalloped Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stove top Scalloped Potatoes
- It's of potatoes.
- You need 2 of extra large baking potatoes.
- It's 2/3 cup of baby spinach.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each, garlic powder, smoked paprika and salt.
- You need 4 of grinds of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of half and half or whole milk.
Stove top Scalloped Potatoes instructions
- Using a mandolin slicer, cut potatoes into 1/8" thick slices. Cut one potato, set aside, cut other potato. You will be making two layers..
- In deep skillet add oil and heat over medium heat. Let this get nice and hot but not to smoking point!.
- Layer in pan one of the potatoes. Using half of the spice amounts, sprinkle seasonings over first layer of potatoes..
- Add spinach over first layer..
- Layer on second potato and rest of seasonings..
- Take the 1 tablespoon of butter and slice into thin pats and place on top of last layer..
- Continue to cook for 10 minutes. Turn heat to medium low, add half and half. You really just want enough liquid to cover potatoes by 2/3..
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes until potatoes are tender..
- You can try to flip it out upside down from pan for a nicer presentation but experience has taught me to just spoon out and show the bottomed more browned layer. Less mess!!.
- Recipe by taylor68too..