Scalloped Sweet Potatoes Gratin.
You can cook Scalloped Sweet Potatoes Gratin using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scalloped Sweet Potatoes Gratin
- It's of gratin.
- It's 1 1/2 lb of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sage leaves, dried.
- It's pinch of allspice.
- It's pinch of fresh ground pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated asiago cheese.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter, divided.
Scalloped Sweet Potatoes Gratin instructions
- In a saucepan, heat cream with garlic and spices to a low simmer. Remove from heat..
- Peel sweet potatoes. Using a mandoline, slice into 1/8" slices..
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Spread melted butter evenly over a 7x11 baking dish. Add potato slices evenly in pan..
- Slowly pour cream over all the potatoes..
- Take two tablespoons of butter and cut thin slices adding over top of potatoes..
- Sprinkle cheese on top..
- Cover dish tightly with tin foil cutting three slits in it to allow steam to escape..
- Bake in a preheated 400°F. oven for 40 minutes until potatoes are tender..
- Uncover and place under broiler for 2-4 minutes to brown top..
- Recipe by taylor68too..