Quick scalloped potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives A quick tip for how to make scalloped potatoes: use a shallow casserole dish. The one I used here ended up.
It's a quick preparation and can be served as a side dish or main dish. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Pour the sauce on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle with parmesan. You can cook Quick scalloped potatoes using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick scalloped potatoes
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- It's 6 medium of potatoes.
- You need of white sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of margarine.
- Prepare 3 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 pints of half and half.
- Prepare 1 pints of milk.
This classic recipe for scalloped potatoes showcases the flavors of potatoes and onion baked in a creamy sauce. This easy scalloped potatoes recipe is a favorite! Tender potatoes in an easy creamy sauce Cream Sauce A quick cream sauce made with flour, butter, milk and broth. If you'd like to add cheese.
Quick scalloped potatoes instructions
- Cook whole potatoes just enough to soften (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water. Once potatoes have cooled, slice them thinly.
- Sautee onions (optional).
- mix together white sauce ingredients til smooth and creamy.
- Place potatoes and onions in 3-qt casserole. Add white sauce. Bake (covered) at 350°for 40 minutes or until tender..
Scalloped potatoes are thinly sliced potatoes cooked in a creamy sauce. Typically speaking, potatoes cooked in a cheese sauce are referred to as "au gratin" potatoes, but many recipes for. Scalloped potatoes started on the stove top, finished in the oven, with no cream soup. Posted in response to a request. These quick scalloped potatoes are mildly cheesy, creamy and comforting—just like Mom used to make—only less of them!