Scalloped Potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. This classic recipe for scalloped potatoes showcases the flavors of potatoes and onion baked in a creamy sauce.
Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat! The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe! You can have Scalloped Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes
- It's 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It's 2/3 cup of Minced onion.
- It's 3 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It's 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It's 4 of Pototoes, thinly sliced.
Scalloped potatoes are a classic, indulgent side dish. Thinly sliced potatoes are layered with a creamy sauce, then baked til golden brown. It's rich, cheesy, and super flavorful. Scalloped potatoes are thinly sliced potatoes cooked in a creamy sauce.
Scalloped Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour oil into casserole dish and thoroughly coat bottom and sides.
- In a saucepan melt butter and cook onions.
- In a small bowl add flour, salt, and pepper. Mix together..
- Add flour mixture to the onions and stir until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk and cook stirring constantly until thickened.
- Layer 1/2 the potatoes in the casserole dish.
- Pour 1/2 sauce over the potatoes.
- Layer the remaining potatoes.
- Pour the remaining sauce over top.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, add cheese and bake for another 15 minutes.
Typically speaking, potatoes cooked in a cheese sauce are referred to as "au gratin" potatoes, but many recipes for. How do you thicken scalloped potatoes? To thicken scalloped potatoes, keep cooking the sauce a minute or so longer than directed before adding the cheese. My idea of the BEST Scalloped Potatoes! These are rich and creamy and have just the right amount of cheesy flavor.