scalloped potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream.
Once layered, bake this easy potato casserole until tender, golden, and bubbly. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat! The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe! You can have scalloped potatoes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of scalloped potatoes
- It's 3 lb of potatoes red.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It's 8 oz of sour cream.
- It's 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 16 oz of shredded cheese.
- It's 1 clove of garlic.
Scalloped potatoes are a classic, indulgent side dish. Thinly sliced potatoes are layered with a creamy sauce, then baked til golden brown. It's rich, cheesy, and super flavorful. How do you thicken scalloped potatoes?
scalloped potatoes instructions
- preheat oven to 375.
- dice 1/2 onion and 1 clove of garlic. saute in medium pot..
- add milk, broth, and flour heat to boil stirring continuous.
- reduce heat to low. add sour cream and half the cheese.
- layer potatoes and sliced onions. pour part of milk mixture. add cheese and paprika. repeat..
- top off with cheese an bake for an hour..
To thicken scalloped potatoes, keep cooking the sauce a minute or so longer than directed before adding the cheese. How to make a tasty cheesy version of traditional scalloped potato recipes. This is absolutely delicious with the cheese, but of course, if you want to make. Scalloped potatoes are thinly sliced potatoes cooked in a creamy sauce. Typically speaking, potatoes cooked in a cheese sauce are referred to as "au gratin" potatoes, but many recipes for.