Scalloped Potatoes and Ham. This scalloped potatoes recipe is creamy, cheesy, and irresistibly delicious. Yukon gold potatoes: I prefer these to Russets because of their nice creamy texture and buttery flavor. Add bacon or ham: Diced cooked bacon or ham would be a delicious addition here!
Excellent recipe for scalloped potatoes and ham! It's my go-to recipe and I've made it several times, including for others. Scalloped Potatoes and Ham is the perfect pairing of meat and potatoes and a delicious twist on our favorite classic Scalloped Potatoes Recipe! You can have Scalloped Potatoes and Ham using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- You need 6 large of russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 in rounds.
- It's 1 of Ham steak (about 1 1/2 lbs.) Cut into cubes.
- It's 1 can of Condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted.
- It's 1 can of Water.
- You need 1 cup of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- It's 1 of Grill seasoning for taste.
This potato casserole is a filling, family-pleasing dish that will help you use up any leftover ham. Sliced potatoes are smothered in a thick Cheddar cheese sauce and topped with cooked ham in this easy, comforting scalloped potato recipe. "Sliced potatoes are smothered in a cheese sauce and topped with ham. If you prefer a little kick, try adding a dash of cayenne pepper to the sauce. Scalloped Potatoes and Ham have always been a family favorite, I've been eating it since I was young and making it for my family since I learned how to cook.
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham step by step
- Layer potatoes and ham in crock pot..
- Combine soup, water, cheese and seasoning in large mixing bowl. Pour mixture over potatoes and ham. Cover; cook on high 3 1/2 hrs or until potatoes are fork tender. Turn crock pot to low and continue cooking for 1 hr. Serve and enjoy..
It's one of those types of meals that you always want to have in your arsenal for either just a nice Sunday dinner or for when company comes over. It wasn't until years later, when I tasted the real deal at Easter at my in-laws' house, that I Repeat layering the potatoes, onions, and ham two more times to use up all of them. These Scalloped Potatoes and Ham are the perfect make ahead holiday dinner but they're just as good for leftovers, too! It's Ashley back from The Recipe Rebel and today I'm bringing one of my all-time comfort food favorites: Scalloped Potatoes. Scalloped Potatoes and Ham loaded with tender potatoes, layered with ham and cheese and smothered in a rich and creamy sauce.