Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes.
You can cook Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes
- It's 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 can of (14-1/2 oz) chicken broth.
- You need 6 of rib or loin pork chops (3/4-inch thick).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 of additional salt and pepper, optional.
- Prepare 6 cup of thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 4 pounds).
- It's 1 medium of onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 of Paprika and chopped fresh parsley, optional.
Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper..
- Add chicken broth; cook and stir constantly until mixture boils..
- Cook for 1 minute; remove from the heat ad set aside..
- In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil; season to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired..
- In a greased 13 x 9 x 2" baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. Pour the broth mixture over..
- Place pork chops on top. Cove and bake at 350°F for 1 hour; uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender..
- If desired, sprinkle with paprika and parsley..
- YIELD: 6 servings.