SCALLOPED POTATOES. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Scalloped potatoes come together with just a few basic ingredients from the pantry.
Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream. Scalloped potatoes are a classic, indulgent side dish. Thinly sliced potatoes are layered with a creamy sauce, then baked til golden brown. You can cook SCALLOPED POTATOES using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of SCALLOPED POTATOES
- It's 3 tbsp of butter.
- It's 1 small of shallott or green onions.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlick (optional roasted).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 cup of half and half.
- It's 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of sliced peeled potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of grated white cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese.
It's rich, cheesy, and super flavorful. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat! The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe! My idea of the BEST Scalloped Potatoes!
SCALLOPED POTATOES instructions
- preheat oven 350°F.
- butter casserole dish.
- saute shallot until translucent add flour and cook until roux is golden.
- add half and half, potatoes,.
- simmer for 5 minutes.
- layer sauce potatoes cheeses utill all is in baking dish.
- sprinkle in grated cheese over each layer.
- bake at 450 for 45 minutes add more cheeses and brown.
These are rich and creamy and have just the right amount of cheesy flavor. The sauce has the perfect consistency and the potatoes are perfectly baked. How do you thicken scalloped potatoes? To thicken scalloped potatoes, keep cooking the sauce a minute or so longer than directed before adding the cheese. Try these scalloped potatoes and get more recipe ideas and dinner inspiration from Food.com.