You can have Scalloped Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes
- You need 1 of Onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- It's 5 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 5 cup of Milk.
- You need 6 cup of Potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced.
Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- To make a roux, stir in flour, salt, and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk..
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for two minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Layer half the potatoes in a grased 3-quart baking dish. Pour half of the sauce over the potatoes..
- Repeat layers. Bake uncovered at 350° for 60-70 min or until potatoes are tender and the top is lightly browned..
- Serve immediately. Refridgerate any leftovers.