scalloped potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Scalloped potatoes come together with just a few basic ingredients from the pantry.
Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream. Scalloped potatoes are a classic, indulgent side dish. Thinly sliced potatoes are layered with a creamy sauce, then baked til golden brown. You can cook scalloped potatoes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of scalloped potatoes
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- It's 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of nutmeg.
- You need 2 lb of potatoes.
- Prepare 3 lb of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of whipping cream.
- You need 3 tbsp of cbeddar cheese.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk.
It's rich, cheesy, and super flavorful. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat! The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe! My idea of the BEST Scalloped Potatoes!
scalloped potatoes step by step
- line half the potatoes, thinly sliced, into ovnwr dash, greazed with 1 tbsp butter and pour remaining 2 t sp butter over the potatoes.
- layer with half the cream, and half the cheese, season with salt and pepper.
- layer the remaining potatoes.
- Poue the scalded milk, spread with cheese , salt , pepper, nutmeg, onions, and partially cooked bacon.
- cook @ 400 for 45 minutes - 1 hr.
These are rich and creamy and have just the right amount of cheesy flavor. The sauce has the perfect consistency and the potatoes are perfectly baked. How do you thicken scalloped potatoes? To thicken scalloped potatoes, keep cooking the sauce a minute or so longer than directed before adding the cheese. Try these scalloped potatoes and get more recipe ideas and dinner inspiration from Food.com.