Cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham!. This scalloped potatoes recipe is creamy, cheesy, and irresistibly delicious. Scalloped Potatoes are made with a creamy sauce while au gratin potatoes are covered with cheese. However, since we kind of combine these You won't have that problem with my Grandma's Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham!
It's Samantha from Five Heart Home and I always love stopping by to visit and share one of my latest. How to make Scalloped Potatoes: Variations of these Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham How to make Scalloped Potatoes: Start with your potatoes. I prefer red potatoes for pretty much everything, because they have a smooth skin and creamy texture. You can cook Cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham! using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham!
- It's 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- It's 1 tbsp of season salt ( large casserole dish may require more. salt and pepper to taste ).
- You need 1 large of ham steak cut into small peices.
- Prepare 1 of flour (enough to cover slices of potatoes).
- Prepare 1 of milk (enough to fill casserole dish 3/4 full).
- You need 1/2 packages of shredded cheddar cheese (or more if desired).
- It's 4 of potatoes skinned/peeled and sliced thin (or however many almost fill up the casserole dish).
Creamy, cheesy and easy to make, this casserole is the definition of comfort food. This makes two casseroles, so it's great for a crowd; it freezes nicely, too. —Salina Bontrager, Kalona, Iowa. So many people have asked if this could be combined with Ham. This would be amazing with the addition of ham!
Cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham! instructions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- skin/peel and thinly slice potatoes..
- put flour in a large bowl and place potatoe slices in bowl covering every slice completely with the flour.
- put potatoes covered in flour, chopped onion, all seasonings, cheese and ham in casserole dish and mix.
- pour milk 3/4 up to top of entire casserole dish.
- sprinkle more cheese on top.
- place in oven for at least an hour to hour and a half until potatoes are soft.
- remove from oven and let sit. liquid will thicken..
I would maybe cube it and put it in between the rows of potatoes. Really, all you need to do is add it to the ingredients list. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham Casserole. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham are the best way to feed a crowd and can be made ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen. Bake them in the oven or cook them in the Crock Pot for an easy side dish idea!