You can cook Scalloped Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes
- Prepare 6 of yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1 small of onion sliced.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of milk.
Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- Sauce: In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, salt, pepper & thyme; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk; cook, whisking constantly, until boiling and thickened. Set aside..
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Layer 1/3 in greased 8 inch square glass baking dish or casserole. Spread half of the onion over top. Repeat layers. Arrange remaining potatoes over top. Pour sauce over top, using tip of knife to ease sauce between layers..
- Cover and bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour. Uncover and bake until lightly browned and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes longer. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving..