Cheesy Scalloped Ham and Potatoes.
You can have Cheesy Scalloped Ham and Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Scalloped Ham and Potatoes
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp of black or white pepper.
- It's 4 cup of whole milk.
- It's 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- Prepare 7 lb of potatoes.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of diced ham.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped or grated.
- It's 2 cup of shredded cheese. I like sharp, cheddar or colby jack. its good to use all 3.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chives.
Cheesy Scalloped Ham and Potatoes instructions
- Peel and rinse potatoes. Leave whole..
- Place potatoes in large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil..
- Cook 10-15 minutes on medium high just until par boiled. They will finish cooking in later steps. You don't want them mushy..
- Remove from heat and drain potatoes. Running cold water over them to stop cooking..
- When the potatoes are cooled enough to handle, but not to cold, slice in thin to medium slices..
- Spray crock pot with non stick spray and add potatoes..
- add onions, hams and half the cheese..
- On medium heat, melt the butter and add flour. Whisk and cook about 2-3 minutes stirring often. Slowly add in milk one cup at a time whisking constantly..
- When all the milk is whisked in, allow to come to slight bubble but do not boil..
- Season with salt and pepper and add soup..
- Taste for added need for salt and pepper..
- Slowly pour over potato, ham and onion and mix well..
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese..
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours. If you like a browner top or thicker sauce, remove from crock pot and place in deep baking dish at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until browned on top..
- Sprinkle with chives to garnish..