Scalloped cheesy potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Ultra creamy and rich, these cheesy scalloped potatoes are full of great garlic Parmesan flavor. Velvety soft underneath, and perfectly crispy on top!
This easy scalloped potatoes from scratch is even better than Grandma's. Here's how to cook it perfectly every time. The Best Scalloped Potatoes are easier to make than you might think! You can have Scalloped cheesy potatoes using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scalloped cheesy potatoes
- Prepare of side dishes.
- It's 3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 8 oz of shredded cheese.
- You need 4 tbsp of grated parm cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of papriks.
- Prepare 2 tsp of spicy brown mustard.
- It's 3 lb of baking potatoes.
- You need 1 dash of minced onion.
- You need 5 tbsp of flour.
This scalloped potato recipe has a classic creamy sauce and is topped off with extra cheese for cheesy scalloped potatoes that. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes are our favorite way to make potatoes. They are a perfect side dish to pair with any meal, especially Easy Baked Glazed Ham and the Best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe. For this recipe, I take a cream sauce and smother it over thick cut potato rounds.
Scalloped cheesy potatoes step by step
- Heat oven to 325.
- Grease large casserole dish.
- Whisk in milk to flour in saucepan to boil then simmer 2 min..
- Stir into milk mixture 1.5 cups of cheese, all parm cheese, mustard salt and paprika.
- Combine sliced uncooked potatoes with mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake one hour watching closely for any boiling over in oven.
- Uncover and bake 35 min. more.
- Sprinkle with remaining.5 cup of cheese and paprika.
I like to use a mandolin so that our potato slices come out the same every time. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream. Making scalloped potatoes from scratch takes time but it is easy. Submerge in a large bowl of water to keep from browning and set aside.