Scalloped Potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Scalloped potatoes come together with just a few basic ingredients from the pantry.
Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream. Scalloped potatoes are a classic, indulgent side dish. Thinly sliced potatoes are layered with a creamy sauce, then baked til golden brown. You can cook Scalloped Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes
- It's 1 quart (4 cups) of sliced raw potatoes.
- It's 2 c of scalded milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 of onion finely chopped.
- It's of Grated cheese if desired (not included in original recipe).
It's rich, cheesy, and super flavorful. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat! The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe! My idea of the BEST Scalloped Potatoes!
Scalloped Potatoes instructions
- Cover the bottom of a buttered baking dish with a layer of sliced potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, dot with pieces of butter and sprinkle with flour. Repeat until the ingredients are used. Pour the scalded milk over all and bake in a moderate oven from 45 - 50 min.
- When potatoes are almost done, spread grated cheese on top and return to oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
These are rich and creamy and have just the right amount of cheesy flavor. The sauce has the perfect consistency and the potatoes are perfectly baked. How do you thicken scalloped potatoes? To thicken scalloped potatoes, keep cooking the sauce a minute or so longer than directed before adding the cheese. Try these scalloped potatoes and get more recipe ideas and dinner inspiration from Food.com.