Scalloped potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Scalloped potatoes come together with just a few basic ingredients from the pantry.
Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream. Scalloped potatoes are a classic, indulgent side dish. Thinly sliced potatoes are layered with a creamy sauce, then baked til golden brown. You can have Scalloped potatoes using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scalloped potatoes
- Prepare 1 of potatoe per person.
- It's 2 tbsp of minced onion.
- It's 1 lb of sharp cheddar.
- Prepare 1 lb of monterey jack.
- You need 1 pints of heavy whipping cream.
It's rich, cheesy, and super flavorful. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat! The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe! My idea of the BEST Scalloped Potatoes!
Scalloped potatoes step by step
- Cook potatoes el dante with the minced onion. Cool and slice. Layer in casserole dish cheese and potatoes. Add cream to half way up, till you can just see it..
- Cook at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
These are rich and creamy and have just the right amount of cheesy flavor. The sauce has the perfect consistency and the potatoes are perfectly baked. How do you thicken scalloped potatoes? To thicken scalloped potatoes, keep cooking the sauce a minute or so longer than directed before adding the cheese. Try these scalloped potatoes and get more recipe ideas and dinner inspiration from Food.com.