Vickys Scalloped Potatoes (No Milk) GF DF EF SF NF. This scalloped potatoes recipe is creamy, cheesy, and irresistibly delicious. Cream sauce: In lieu of heavy cream, my sauce for this recipe calls for a roux with butter and flour, milk and chicken stock (or vegetable stock). This classic recipe for scalloped potatoes showcases the flavors of potatoes and onion baked Pour enough warm milk over the mixture in the baking dish so the top of the liquid is No measurements were used, just peeling and slicing the potatoes and onions and.
Scalloped potatoes come together with just a few basic ingredients from the pantry. Once layered, bake this easy potato casserole until tender, golden, and bubbly. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich Potatoes - Yukon or Russet potatoes are best for this dish. You can cook Vickys Scalloped Potatoes (No Milk) GF DF EF SF NF using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Scalloped Potatoes (No Milk) GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 6 of white potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 75 g of dairy-free margarine such as Vitalite sunflower spread or Stork margarine block in the gold foil wrapper.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need 480 ml of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 50 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
Butter, flour, and milk Two layers of potatoes and sauce so no potato is left behind. Then you bake it until you think. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Add the flour, salt and pepper. whisk until there are no lumps.
Vickys Scalloped Potatoes (No Milk) GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and grease a shallow ovenproof dish with some sunflower spread or butter.
- Make a roux in a small saucepan by melting the sunflower spread over a medium heat then mixing in the flour.
- Whisk in the stock a little at a time to avoid getting lumps in the sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile put a layer of potatoes in the bottom, slightly overlapping the slices as you go.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper over then some sliced onion then pour over a third of the sauce mixture.
- Add another layer of potato, season with more salt and pepper and add onion on top as before, pour half of the remaining sauce over then add the final layer of sliced potato.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top, you could add a sprinkle of paprika over if you like.
- Bake uncovered for 40 - 50 minutes until golden on top and the potatoes and onions are soft and cooked through.
- You can add in pre-cooked chopped ham or bacon for extra flavour, top with shredded cheese (Veganic brand is a great vegan no-soy choice), exchange the onion for leek, add in some peas or sweetcorn, dress it up however you like!.
Delicious, cheesy, tender scalloped potatoes made vegan thanks to almond milk and nutritional yeast! Thanksgiving is right around the corner and it just wouldn't be right if I didn't share a cheesy potato dish.. Potatoes Evaporated Milk Recipes on Yummly Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes, Scalloped Potato Casserole, Slow Cooker No-cheese Scalloped Potatoes. Au Gratin Potatoes With Evaporated Milk Recipes.