Scalloped Yam, Sweet Potato and Beet.
You can cook Scalloped Yam, Sweet Potato and Beet using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Yam, Sweet Potato and Beet
- It's 2 of sweet potatoes medium.
- Prepare 2 of yams medium.
- You need 2 of beets medium.
- You need 2 packs of milk green butterfly evaporated.
- You need 2 tbsps of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- It's 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- It's 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Scalloped Yam, Sweet Potato and Beet step by step
- Peel and steam sweet potatoes and yams whole until tender but not too soft..
- Bake beets in skin for 40 mins. Will be firm but not hard..
- To make sauce, heat oil in a pan on low flame..
- Sift flour in gradually and stir continuously to ensure no lumps..
- Stir for 3 mins..
- Add in milk and stir occasionally so underneath will not burn..
- After about 10 mins, it will thicken..
- Add in 3/4 of cheese and stir well..
- Peel beets when done and slice in 1/4 inch slices..
- Slice sweet potato and yam as well..
- Pour 1/4 of sauce in baking dish and spread out on bottom..
- Arrange slices and pour remained of sauce over them..
- Sprinkle remainder of cheesed and little dried parsley over top..
- Bake for 40 mins or until bubbly and slightly brown..