Old fashioned Scalloped Potatoes.
You can cook Old fashioned Scalloped Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Old fashioned Scalloped Potatoes
- You need 2 of large potatoes (preferably non starchy).
- Prepare of Salt and crushed black pepper to season.
- It's 200 ml of plain milk.
- It's Approx 200 -250 grams of grated cheese(preferably parmesan/cheddar).
- You need 3 of garlic pods peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 dollop of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of plain flour.
Old fashioned Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- Peel and slice the potatoes into thin roundels(you can keep them a little thicker than wafer).
- Add them in a bowl of salted water to avoid oxidation while we make our white sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- For the sauce, melt butter in a pan/a pot.
- Add and sauté the garlic for a few seconds (do not brown them).
- Next add the flour and sauté for a few seconds.
- In goes the milk next. Do not bring to a boil.
- Just mix and allow to simmer on Low heat.
- Add the salt and pepper. Mix and take off heat, before the milk thickens.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes in a deep baking dish/tin.
- Add the white sauce them over evenly.
- Cover the surface well with cheese and place the tin in the oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or till you see the surface browned(you may check a few potatoes by carefully pricking them).
- Allow to cool for a while before plating.
- Enjoy while warm!!.
- Watch full recipe video at: https://youtu.be/9BYN_qA6vww.