You can cook Scalloped Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes
- It's 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of thyme/origanum.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It's 6 of large potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 of tspn black pepper.
- It's 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 of tspn salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of cheese.
- It's 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt butter in a large pan, add your onions and sauté till translucent. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add flour and whisk in heavy cream and chicken stock together with the salt, black pepper and half the thyme cook for a minute till it begins to simmer on the edges. DONT LET IT BOIL. Take it off the heat.
- Slice potatoes thinly and evenly lay half of them in a greased casserole. Pour in half the sauce and sprinkle half the cheese. Evenly lay remaining potatoes, sauce and cheese..
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30min. Remove foil and bake for another 30min. Sprinkle the remaining thyme and serve.