You can have Basil Pesto using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basil Pesto
- You need 2 cups of fresh basil.
- It's 2-3 tablespoons of pine nuts.
- You need 1 of small glove garlic.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's Dash of pepper.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of olive oil.
Basil Pesto step by step
- Combine dry ingredients in food processor.
- Slowly add olive oil and pulse until combined.
- Enjoy with pasta, chicken, bread, anything!.
- Pro tip: Growing fresh basil is incredibly easy and much more cost effective than buying fresh basil from a grocery store. Make several batches throughout the summer and freeze so you can enjoy the pesto year round! When ready to use, scoop frozen pesto right into your pasta. A little pesto goes a long way!.