Basil pesto tomato sauce. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Make-ahead sauce: The tomato basil sauce can be made in advance and should last in your refrigerator up to three days and in your freezer for Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs with Spinach Pesto — How to make extra flavorful turkey meatballs tossed with an easy homemade spinach pesto. A quick-to-prepare tomato sauce flavored with pesto that is very versatile.
Have you tried homemade arugula pesto recipe? Tomato pesto also makes spaghetti taste so much better. It tastes better with Pesto than it does with Marinara sauce. You can cook Basil pesto tomato sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basil pesto tomato sauce
- It's 1 bag of spinach.
- Prepare 2 of diced tomatoes or substitute one small can.
- Prepare 1 half of package of fresh sliced mushrooms your favorite kind.
- Prepare 1.5 of table spoons of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of small jar of basil pesto sauce.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion.
- You need of generous amount of Italian herb blend.
- It's of generous dash of black pepper to taste.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It's of olive oil.
- It's 1 of sliced or diced zucchini.
- It's 1 of small can of tomato paste.
That is just this humble vegetarian's very. With tomatoes, almonds, and spinach, this sauce puts a unique spin on classic pesto and makes a great topping for fresh-cooked pasta. This classic pesto is a fresh sauce made from basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, cheese and olive oil. This recipe is perfect for pasta and gnocchi. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) Traditionally, pesto is a sauce made of fresh basil.
Basil pesto tomato sauce step by step
- Dice the onion to your preferred size. Sautee over Medium heat in a little olive oil with garlic..
- Add onion and garlic to small saucepan. Add the diced tomato and turn to medium heat. Add mushrooms, and zucchini..
- Add 1/4 cup of water, and the basil pesto sauce..
- Bring to a simmer and turn on low heat, stirring. Cover and stream the vegetables. For 2 minutes..
- Add 1/4 cup of tomato paste, the Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Add a little more water, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. For your desired consistency, add more water..
- Serve over pasta with chicken, and top with parmesan cheese. Optional lol But I think its the best way..
Barilla's Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce adds an authentic italian taste to any pasta dish. Perfect for everyone, try this vegan sun-dried tomato Combining the clean taste of basil with the rich flavors of the Mediterranean, Barilla® Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto is a delicious recipe made with sun-dried. Add sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, basil, garlic, and vegan parmesan cheese to a food processor or high-speed blender and puree into a pesto-like consistency. Have never thought of making this as a pesto but it definitely seems alot healthier than the jarred tomato sauce. Easy and simple Basil Pesto Sauce and an amazing RAW Tomato Sauce.