Aunt Ginny's Pesto.
You can have Aunt Ginny's Pesto using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aunt Ginny's Pesto
- You need 1 handful of Basil Leaves (Chiffonade).
- It's of Hearty Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (The GOOD Stuff).
- It's 1 handful of Pine Nuts (Pan Roasted and Roughly Chopped).
- Prepare 1 handful of Grated Parmesan Reggiano (PLEASE The GOOD Stuff).
- It's to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It's 3-4 cloves of Garlic (Minced).
Aunt Ginny's Pesto step by step
- Chiffonade the basil. To do this, all you do is stack the leaves from largest to smallest, roll them like a cigar, then slice into ribbons with a sharp knife..
- In your mortar and pestle, you are going to essentially build a mojito. Put the basil in the bottom with a large pinch of salt. Grind until a paste is achieved. Then the garlic, then pine nuts, then parmesan..
- Drizzle in the olive oil until a creamy paste is obtained. Salt and pepper to taste. Jar up and enjoy! Can be frozen for up to a year..