Penne Pesto with Ham. We could eat pasta every day of the week and really it doesn't get any easier than a pasta dinner and the flavor combinations are endless. In large dish with pasta and peas, toss in crispy ham, and any other vegetables you want (optional). The recipe features a cheddar cheese sauce that is mixed with cooked penne, diced ham, peas, and seasonings.
View top rated Penne pasta with ham and peas recipes with ratings and reviews. This is a dish that I have been making since I can remember. It is a very good way to use up the left over Easter Ham. You can have Penne Pesto with Ham using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Penne Pesto with Ham
- You need 200 grams of cooked penne pasta, keep a cup of pasta water.
- It's 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 3 of tbsp of pesto genovese (blended basil, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It's 1/2 cup of ham, sliced in strips.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded or shaved parmesan.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped basil.
Turn leftover ham into this creamy, easy pasta dish. Add the pasta and gently combine all ingredients, serve in pre-warmed pasta bowls, Garnish with a few whole basil leaves and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. One Pot Pesto Penne with Spinach & Peas: https://inspiredentertainment.com/rec. One Pot Creamy Ham & Swiss Farfalle: https://inspiredentertainment.com/rec.
Penne Pesto with Ham step by step
- On medium heat, quickly fry the ham in a non stick pan with a tsp of oil, set aside..
- Saute (dont brown pls) minced garlic in oil in medium heat and add the cooked penne pasta. Add the pesto, pasta water, pepper and toss..
- Increase the heat a bit and add the ham. After 2 min, remove from fire and toss half of the parmesan cheese..
- Plate up and garnish with extra parmesan and chopped basil..
- Note: ham and cheese will provide the salt you need so dont be tempted. You can add chilli flakes if you like the bite! Have fun! :-).
This pasta is a tasty change of pace from potato-ham casseroles. —Kathy Stephan, West Seneca, New York. I'm a busy nurse, so fast meals are a must. Ingredients include penne pasta, ham, que. Pasta is the perfect comfort food. It is hearty and can be mixed with a plethora of ingredients.