Creamy Rigatoni with Basil Pesto & Prosciutto. Now stir in your creams and basil pesto. Once the sauce has heated through, remove from heat and throw your greens over the top. Drain pasta and then toss with pesto.
Add the cooked rigatoni to the sauce, mix well, and then stir in the parmesan and grated fontina or mozzarella cheese. In this pasta dish bursting with the colours and flavours of Italy, we combine fresh rigatoni pasta, sundried tomatoes and heirloom grey zucchini and coat them in a creamy basil pesto sauce. A fresh and light salad of tomatoes, mint and lemon completes this satisfying meal. You can have Creamy Rigatoni with Basil Pesto & Prosciutto using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Rigatoni with Basil Pesto & Prosciutto
- Prepare 500 g of dried rigatoni.
- It's 300 ml of pure cream.
- It's 200 ml of sour cream.
- Prepare 100 g of basil pesto.
- Prepare 1 of medium brown onion, halved and sliced.
- Prepare 2 rashers of bacon, thinly sliced.
- You need 100 g of Proscuitto, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of semi-sundried tomatoes, chopped.
- It's 300 g of button mushroom, halved and sliced.
- Prepare 2 of Roma tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1 stalk of Spring onion, sliced.
- It's 60 g of mix baby spinach & rocket leaves.
- You need 2 Tbsp of grated Parmesan.
- Prepare 1 knob of butter, for frying.
- Prepare 1 drizzle of olive oil, for frying.
- Prepare to taste of Cracked black pepper.
- You need of *no salt required*.
It's a weeknight, you just got home and you are tired. Treat yourself to the easiest vegan and super creamy avocado basil pesto spaghetti tonight. This Creamy Vegan Basil Pesto is the perfect way to use up the last of your summer basil! This creamy sauce goes well on pasta, pizza, sandwiches While I really want to be out picking apples and eating pumpkin pie by the truckload, I still have all this basil to use up!
Creamy Rigatoni with Basil Pesto & Prosciutto instructions
- Cook your pasta as per package directions, strain and set aside..
- Prep ingredients and set aside..
- In a large pan (or use the same pot as pasta was cooked in), heat a knob of butter and a drizzle of olive oil over high heat. Add bacon, prosciutto, onion and sundries tomatoes. Cook until bacon has started to brown (3 or 4 minutes) and prosciutto has crisped up a little..
- Now add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes..
- Now for the tomatoes and Spring onion- stir in until heated. Now stir in your creams and basil pesto..
- Once the sauce has heated through, remove from heat and throw your greens over the top. Grate some Parmesan over the top and you are ready to put it all together..
- Return pasta to pot over heat. Add sauce and stir well until combined and heated through. Serve!.
But, I think pesto is a great. Creamy Avocado Basil Pesto - this recipe uses avocado instead of olive oil to make the most delicious, healthy pesto with no added oil! Apparently pesto calories add up quite quickly and although it's packed with mostly healthy fats, I thought I'd do myself a favor and create a bit of a lightened up. Classic, simple basil pesto recipe with fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, Romano or Parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper. You can mellow the pesto out a bit by subbing half of the basil with fresh baby spinach leaves.