Mean Green Pesto Fusilli. You can use any type of short pasta for this recipe. Howard let's go to Italy already. With a classic pesto sauce, our fusilli with green olive pesto is delicious and moreish.
They have crystal blue water, monumental mountains, sprawling hills, and pesto that will make you want to cry. They are the birthplace of pesto prepared in a mortar and pestle, which makes sense because the word "pesto" in Italian is derived from the verb "pestare," meaning to pound or crush. Tasty appetizing pasta with pesto on plate. You can have Mean Green Pesto Fusilli using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mean Green Pesto Fusilli
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked fusilli or your favorite pasta.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of Cooked and cubed chicken (i use homemade baked leftovers).
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of sundried tomatoes.
- It's 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of garlic, minced finely.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of cubed fresh mozzarella.
- You need of grated parmesan cheese.
- It's 2 1/3 cup of Spinach Kale Pesto sauce or your own favorite pesto.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
Green chili peppers in a basket on a dark background. A comforting and tasty weeknight pesto pasta dish that the whole family will enjoy. Place the hot pasta and the reserved liquid into the pan with the pesto. Place over low heat, add some salt and pepper and stir until heated through and combined.
Mean Green Pesto Fusilli instructions
- Set aside a cup of pasta water. Drain pasta but keep warm while you create the sauce..
- Heat some oil in a skillet. Add your onions and cook until they are translucent. Add garlic. Cook until fragrant. Add sundried tomatoes and a splash of pasta water. Cook another minute. Add your pesto and stir..
- Start adding your pasta in small increments to make sure all noodles get covered. Taste and adjust your salt and pepper if needed..
- Add your cooked chicken and heat thoroughly if it was cold. And your fresh mozzarella last. I served the chicken alongside for the first night we had this...for leftovers i cut up the chicken and tossed everything together. Let me tell you the next day leftovers are amazing! You can have it as a pasta salad...We ate it cold!! So good!.
- Opt: drizzle extra oil over the top for a fancy finish. Also: Sprinkle the parmesan over everything at the end if you love that extra salty nutty flavor on your pasta!.
Delicious pasta fusilli dish with creamy spinach sauce and dried tomatoes. Fusilli pasta with spinach, dried tomatoes and ricotta cheese ia a pan. To store, place it in a container and press plastic wrap on top of the pesto so that it's touching the surface. For the pesto: In a food processor, combine the walnuts, garlic, jalapeno, cheese, salt and pepper. Fusilli pasta with pesto sauce, green peas and basil served in dark bowl with fork.