Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Walnut Pesto. Hallelujah and glory be, this tomato-butter-garlic basil chicken combination was so utterly simple and perfect. The LAND O LAKES® European Style Super. Tomato Basil Chicken Fettuccine - A quick weeknight Italian pasta dish using fresh, simple ingredients that you already have on hand!
Chicken thighs with rice is comfort food at its finest - this version is an Italian spin on the dish with a tomato basil rice that's fresh and vibrant. This time I've got a one pot chicken with tomato basil risotto. I love risotto but I just don't have the time to stand there and stir it forever. You can cook Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Walnut Pesto using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Walnut Pesto
- You need 1/4 cup of Walnut kernels.
- You need 1/3 cup of Basil leaves, firmly packed.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Grated lemon rind.
- It's 1/2 cup of Sundried tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 4 of Chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of Olive oil for frying.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Crushed garlic.
- You need 1 of (Smashed Canellini beans on the side).
- It's 2 can of (400g) cannellini beans, drained and washed.
- You need 1/3 cup of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It's 1 of Steamed veggies of your choice.
A simple basil and tomato mixture tops fried chicken in this excellent summer recipe! In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, onion, and basil. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Spoon over the fried chicken to serve.
Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Walnut Pesto step by step
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced..
- Process walnut, basil and lemon rind in a small food processor until finely chopped..
- Add tomato and water. Process until thick and spreadable..
- Cut a horizontal slit in thickest part of each chicken breast to create a pocket, taking care not to cut all the way through. Fill pockets with pesto mixture. Use toothpicks to secure..
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 12 minutes until cooked through..
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the beans and stock. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add juice. Coarsely mash. Season..
- Remove toothpicks. Slice chicken. Serve with Canellini bean smash and veggies. Enjoy!.
This is one of those meals that everyone in your family will love. Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken is a simple, one pan meal that the entire family will love. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, season both sides of the chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. Tomato and basil just go together and with mozzarella? It's a healthier twist on chicken parmesan because the chicken isn't breaded.