You can have Basil Pesto using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basil Pesto
- You need 2 cup of Fresh basil leaves.
- It's 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- It's 1/3 cup of Pine nuts.
- It's 5 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Basil Pesto step by step
- Roast your garlic in the oven. (You don't have to do this, but it will give your pesto a nice flavour.) preheat your oven to 400°F. See how in my recipe attached. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/352246-roasted-garlic.
- Pick your fresh basil leaves.
- Wash the basil.
- Combine the basil, garlic, salt n pepper and pine nuts in your food processor and pulse a few times..
- If you want to freeze your pesto, don't add the cheese now. Simply add the olive oil slowly while you mix the ingredients. Then line some ice cube trays with plastic wrap and pour in your pesto to freeze. Add a layer of plastic wrap on top, making no room for air. Later, you can pop these out and melt them in a pan and then add your Parmesan cheese to taste..
- If you want to enjoy some fresh pesto, add the cheese (not the full amount - eyeball it based on how much you froze) and mix it in the food processor. If you didn't opt to freeze, slowly add in your olive oil while mixing. Scrape down the sides to get all the ingredients mixed in well..