Simple Basil Pesto.
You can have Simple Basil Pesto using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Basil Pesto
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of fresh basil.
- You need 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of quality olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- It's 1 of juice of half lemon.
Simple Basil Pesto step by step
- Toast pine nuts by adding to a pan and cooking over medium heat until they are golden..
- In food processor, add basil leaves, garlic cloves, parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Drizzle in olive oil while pulsing, until all ingredients are smooth..
- Finish off with squeezing the juice of half a lemon (to brighten the flavors) and pulsing one final time..
- Serve however preferred. We love to just dip good Italian bread into it, but you could also use it on meats or in pasta..