Pesto & ricotta chicken. Pesto (Italian: [ˈpesto], Ligurian: [ˈpestu]), or to refer to the original dish pesto alla genovese (Italian pronunciation: [ˈpesto alla dʒenoˈveːse, -eːze]), is a sauce originating in Genoa. sous-pesto. Toss through pasta and pasta salad, spread on toast, use as a dip, dollop on everything! What to do with all that basil at the end of summer?
The pesto will more easily stay vibrant green and the flavor of the basil will still come through, though just not as strongly. Learn how to make pesto with this delicious, easy pesto recipe which includes basil, pine nuts and Parmesan to give it a beautiful fresh flavour. Fresh basil, Parmesan & pine nuts. You can cook Pesto & ricotta chicken using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pesto & ricotta chicken
- It's 1 tbsp of pesto sauce.
- You need 4 oz of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 4 of skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need 1 bunch of chives (fresh).
- It's 4 of medium tomatoes (peeled & seeded)& chop.
- You need 1 of lime.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 3 1/2 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- It's of small salad.
Pesto & ricotta chicken step by step
- Mix together pesto & ricotta in small bowl until well combine..
- Using a sharp knife cut a deep slit in side of chicken to make a pocket. Spoon in ricotta mix into pocket & reshape to enclose breast. Place in chicken on plate, cover & chill 30 minutes..
- To make vinaigrette, pour 3 1/2 olive oil into blender, add the chives and process until smooth. Strape the mixture into bowl and stir in tomatoes, lime juice and rind. Season with salt & pepper..
- Brush the chicken with 1/3 cup olive oil and season with pepper. Grill on fairly hot grill for 8 minutes on eah side. Transfer to serving plate, spoon over vinaigrette & serve..
- Garnish with salad..