Homemade Pesto Genovese.
You can have Homemade Pesto Genovese using 7 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Pesto Genovese
- It's of Main ingredients.
- Prepare 1/2 clove of garlic.
- It's 1 of salt.
- It's 4 of handfuls of fresh basil.
- You need 2 of handful pine nuts.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of grated parmesan or pecorino romano.
- Prepare 1 of extra virgin olive oil.
Homemade Pesto Genovese instructions
- Chop the garlic and the basil, combine it olive oil and process it with food processor. When it starts go get consistency, add the slightly roasted pine nuts (you can mix them with cashew nuts or use only cashew nuts), add more olive oil, and continue with mix the pesto with the food processor, add the Parmigianino cheese and salt. Mix the pesto until you get the desired texture. Add more olive oil if it looks dry or thick. Put it in a jar and keep refrigerated. Use within few days. Do not reheat, just put over freshly made pasta. Enjoy.