Tomato tart with goat cheese & pesto. This Goats Cheese and Tomato Tart unequivocally proves the point. The delicious tart is made with fresh, garden tomatoes, on top of a thin layer of Dijon mustard, and fresh herbs which you can adjust to suit your taste. Spread goat cheese mixture all over the bottom of the tart.
A simple tomato tart recipe made with flaky puff pastry sheets covered in whipped goat cheese, then layered with the finest heirloom tomatoes and fresh herbs. A sheet of store bought puff pastry, a creamy goat cheese that I whipped in my food processor with a little olive oil. The tomato tarts and quiches I've been eating in Provence are delightful. You can have Tomato tart with goat cheese & pesto using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato tart with goat cheese & pesto
- You need 1 1/2 dozen of puff pastry in small circle.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of Homemade tomato sauce.
- You need 1 dozen of slices of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 dozen of teaspoon of goat cheese topped on each tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh pesto.
Spreading mustard on the crust before you top it with tomatoes is a new idea that makes perfect sense to me, as mustard is such a perfect condiment for tomatoes. Beat together the eggs and goat cheese. With this tart for two you will make a multiple impression: it looks great, tastes sensational and once again proves how clever and uncomplicated vegetarian cuisine can be. Instead of goat's cheese, you can also prepare the tart with herb cream cheese made from cow's milk.
Tomato tart with goat cheese & pesto instructions
- Prepare your puff pastry and cut them in small circle.
- Add your tomato sauce and slices of tomato on top.
- Put your teaspoon of fresh goat cheese.
- Finish with you fresh pesto.
- Oven @ 350°F for about 15 minutes.
This tart is great straight out of the oven, room temperature or chilled. And seriously, what a lovely brunch or luncheon dish. Drop small clumps of the rest of the goat cheese over the top of the tomatoes and sprinkle with the rest of the chopped herbs. While the tart shell is warm, spread the goat cheese over the bottom of the crust in an even layer. Arrange the sliced tomatoes in an overlapping pattern on top.