Classic hummus (sun dried tomato & pesto). The sun dried tomatoes are the perfect addition to hummus. If desired serve topped with more olive oil from sun dried tomato jar, additional fresh basil and finely chopped sun dried tomatoes. Once smooth, add the sun-dried tomatoes, and pulse until they have been chopped to very small pieces and are incorporated into the hummus.
How to make Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus. Make the hummus: Drain chickpeas; reserve ¹?³ of the brining liquid. Whiz chickpeas, brining liquid, and remaining ingredients in a blender until. You can cook Classic hummus (sun dried tomato & pesto) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic hummus (sun dried tomato & pesto)
- Prepare 15 oz of cooked Garbanzo beans.
- You need 1/2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tahini (Sesame seed paste).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare tsp of Table salt or/ tablespoon of sea salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Prepare dash of pepper to taste.
- It's 1/4 cup of juice from beans ( give or take).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- It's 2 tbsp of Prepared pesto.
- It's 1/4 cup of Sun dried tomatoes chopped small.
Sun dried Tomato Hummus makes a wonderful addition to any get together or as a sandwich spread or snack. Get this simple, family favorite hummus Sun Dried Tomato Hummus makes a delectable hummus recipe to make as an appetizer when entertaining. Hummus is so simple to make, even up. Hummus is a great item to take with you for lunch or for a snack.
Classic hummus (sun dried tomato & pesto) instructions
- Put beans in blender or food processor.
- Add a couple cloves of prepared garlic or 1 fresh clove.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Tahini.
- Add lemon, salt and pepper, olive oil, cumin, blend until smooth..
- Place in bowl or serving dish serve with pita chips your favorite bread or even put on sandwiches instead of mayo..
- Top off with pesto in center.
- Spread sundried tomatoes around the pesto.
- I usually drizzle the oil from the Sun Dried Tomato jar and throw a few whole garbanzo beans on top.
Bring along dippable veggies, such as baby carrots and broccoli, to eat with the delicious hummus. Fruits and Veggies on the Go by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Hummus is an inexpensive, high-fiber, and protein-packed food. It's a delicious variation of traditional Middle Eastern hummus. Sun dried tomatoes are the ultimate way to add a little variation to hummus.