Basil and Pesto veggie bake.. Classic, simple basil pesto recipe with fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, Romano or Parmesan cheese, extra virgin Basil is a powerfully aromatic herb and a little goes a long way. You can mellow the pesto out a bit by subbing Toss with pasta for a quick sauce, dollop over baked potatoes, or. Basil pesto comes together in a matter of minutes, which-besides its incredible taste and versatility- is another bonus.
Home » Recipes » Easy Healthy Dinners » Basil Pesto Pasta with Roasted Vegetables. But instead of just a basic pesto pasta I added in a few fresh vegetables, roasted them so they got nice Baking Sheet - I used this to roast the veggies on! Large Pot with Strainer - I love this pot because all I have. You can cook Basil and Pesto veggie bake. using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basil and Pesto veggie bake.
- It's of side dish.
- Prepare 1 of Jar of Prego Basil Pesto Alfredo sauce..
- Prepare 3 of cups of your favorite dry pasta(I used large elbow mac).
- It's 1 of cup of frozen Broccoli.
- Prepare 1 of cup of frozen carrot slices.
- Prepare 1 of cup of your favorite shredded cheese(I used a Mozzerela/Provolone mix.
- You need 1 of Grated parmesan cheese(Optional).
Cheesy and flavorful, plus an option for lower fat. The perfect plant-based spread for Italian dishes and more! The base is fresh basil, pine nuts, and garlic with a splash of lemon juice for acidity and brightness. For that cheesy color and flavor, I rely on nutritional yeast.
Basil and Pesto veggie bake. instructions
- Boil pasta according to directions on package..
- In a microwave safe dish,Heat the frozen veggies together for 4 minutes on high(You will be adding these to the boiling pasta so heat them up as to not stop pasta from boiling..
- 3 minutes before the pasta is done,Go ahead and add the veggies to the pasta to boil..
- After pasta is finished,Drain pasta/ veggie mix in a colandar over sink,shake up and down gently to remove as much water as possible..
- Add pasta/veggie mix back into pot without heat,Add the whole jar of the basil/pesto sauce and combine thoroughly..
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a 2 quart baking dish add all of the pasta/veggie mix..
- Top with the entire amount of shredded cheese..
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cheese is browned to your liking..
- Shake on some grated parmesan cheese after plating if you like a little more salt(Optional).
- Gather the family and enjoy😊.
This basil pesto recipe from Jamie Oliver is packed full of fresh flavour and is ready in five minutes. ALTERNATIVE FLAVOUR COMBOS: - Use half basil and half rocket, replace the pine nuts with walnuts, and use pecorino instead of Parmesan to keep things veggie. The last. of our Springuine videos is an amazingly tasty pasta bake, filled with basil pesto and roast veg, a great one to feed family and friends, it's. Spinach Basil Pesto - A great flavor booster, we keep a jar of this Basil Pesto in our fridge at all times. Serve with pasta, veggies, chicken, fish, as a spread, etc.